Background

Summer 2007 I rode my bicycle from Seattle to Boston a distance of 4200 miles in 63 days. This ride had been a lifelong dream of mine. I came within a few days of doing a self supported XC trip in 2005 with my son Ryan and his friend Jesse but I got sick and could not make the trip. That was a big disappointment to me. Ryan and Jesse got as far as the middle of Montana before deciding to stop riding. Ryan chronicled their ride here: Ryan & Jesse's Ride Since none of my friends were crazy enough to ride the whole distance with me this year and I wanted some company I selected to join a ride planned and catered by Cycle America. I rode the Pacific Coast Coast Ride from Bellingham WA to San Francisco, CA in 2003 with Cycle America and had a great experience. As it turned out my older son Robert and my friend Wallace joined me for week 2 of the trip and Naomi rode week 4 while my younger son Ryan rode with me the final week of the trip.

The Nine Week Stage Map

The Nine Week Stage Map
Ref: rideacross.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Made the local paper on Friday (14 September)

To more easily read article enlarge by first clicking on photo then selecting "All Sizes" on menu shown at top of photo on the Flickr website.
Front Page
Page 1
Page 2

No comments: